Notice to the Members
We are happy to announce that your contract was overwhelmingly ratified by the membership.
We will update the membership as soon as the City notifies the Union when the pay raises and retroactive wages will be paid.
2017-2021 Contract Highlights
Communications Workers of America, Local 1182 and the City of New York
- Term: 3 years and 10 months, 11 days (46 months and 11 days)
- General Wage Increase
|Effective Date||General Wage Increases|
|December 31, 2017||2.00%|
|December 31, 2018||2.25% compounded|
|December 31, 2019||3.00% compounded|
Top pay after 10 years $47,874.00
If you have 10 or more years you will receive $2,126. in longevity pay that will bring your salary to $50,000.
- Retro on all wages back 12-31-2017
- The general wage increases pursuant to Section 2(i), (ii) and (iii) of this MOA shall be payable as soon as practicable upon the ratification of this MOA.
- Effective July 31, 2021, the annuity contribution shall be increased to $283.46 per annum.
- Paid Family Leave
- The parties agree to work together to “opt-in” to the New York State Paid Family Leave program as soon as practicable following the ratification of this agreement.