CWA District One applauds Mayor de Blasio’s proposal to ensure that the deaths of any city worker from Covid-19 be classified as “line of duty” deaths, entitling their survivors to death benefits and pensions. We are 100% in support of this effort. At a cost of roughly $15 million a year, the cost of providing these benefits is a very small price to pay for the sacrifices made by these brave city workers.
However, we know this will be a hard fight. We will have to win passage of legislation in Albany to make this happen. The city CANNOT do this on its own.
CWA District One will be reaching out to the Mayor’s office and to other public sector unions like DC 37 and TWU Local 100 to figure out what the next steps will be in this campaign.
If all public sector workers are united in this effort, we can win the benefits that those members of Local 1182 who lost their lives in this struggle deserve to have. We will need your support. We will need you to make phone calls and send emails to legislators. Keep posted on this website for additional updates.
PAID FAMILY LEAVE BENEFITS FOR CWA MEMBERS – CLICK HERE
PAID FAMILY LEAVE EMPLOYEE FACT SHEET- CLICK HERE
Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Reasonable Accommodations for Employees Who Are at Higher Risk for COVID-19 –CLICK HERE
TO VIEW LETTER SENT TO MAYOR DeBLASIO CLICK HERE
FREE COVID-19 TESTING for NYPD EMPLOYEES TO VIEW TESTING LOCATIONS CLICK HERE
- Updated Guidance for City Agencies On Leave Policy Applicable During the Outbreak of COVID-19 Effective 4/1/20 CLICK HERE
- Reasonable Accomodations for Underlying Health Issue & Pregnant Employees CLICK HERE
** ANY AGENT EXPERIENCING ANY PROBLEMS WITH THIS PROCESS CALL UNION OFFICE **
- Letter To City Regarding Demands Fom CWA Vice President Dennis Trainor CLICK HERE
- To View Demands Sent To The City CLICK HERE
- FOR THOSE DIAGNOSED/TESTED POSITIVE FOR COVID-19 CLICK HERE
- NYC Child Care for Essential Workers CLICK HERE
- To Learn More About Signs & Symptoms From The CDC CLICK HERE
IF YOUR SICK STAY HOME
Stay Informed With The Latest Updates From CWA Local 1182
Text: 1182 to 484848
Local 1182 has NO Facebook page that is authorized or controlled by Local