Message from the President
Read more about the contract negotiations here
Brothers and Sisters:
I want to thank all of the members of Local 1182 for the privilege and honor of again serving as your President. Your support has elected me to my third term as President of your union along with the eight members of the Executive Board. While the election took place months ago we were unable to be sworn in and take office until recently because of election challenges delaying our installation by CWA.
The temporary administration of the union by the CWA has unfortunately been long, but now the membership is back in control of the union. I appreciate your patience and fortitude and for the unwavering support during the long struggle to remove the temporary administration and enable our membership to control our path going forward.
The Executive Board and I intend to move rapidly to handle matters that have not yet been addressed and we will always be available to the membership. Specifically, the issues we will promptly be moving forward on include:
• Preparing intensively for contract negotiations so that we can obtain the very best agreement for our members;
• Being appointed as trustees of the Local 1182 Benefit Fund so we can obtain a better benefit package for our members;
• Holding the first membership meeting in many years so we can discuss issues that are crucial for our union;
• Preparing for the first family day picnic in many years to be held this summer;
• Evaluating all working conditions and if necessary, file grievances to address workplace problems which impact our members.
Again, I thank you for the overwhelming support in this past election. I want you all to know that this difficult period for the union has only made me more determined to work unceasingly to advance the interests of this union. The events of the last few years have made it clear that the union is always in the best hands when the membership elects its leaders. Rest assured that we will not let you down!
Merry Christmas and a healthy and happy New Year to you and your families.
Syed A. Rahim
President, CWA Local 1182